Some writing this Sunday

by Doc Coleman on February 26, 2012 · 0 comments

in Short Stories, Voice Work, WIP

This past has been a busy week. I’ve been driven to exhaustion a couple of times, and had my day taken up by errands.With production down so much on this week, I had pinned a lot of hopes on this weekend. In the end, I didn’t get as much done this weekend as I had hoped, but I did manage to get a bit of work done.

Friday night, I managed to do some voice work. I broke out the mic and recorded my lines for Veronica Giguere’s new full cast podcast project. I only had around twenty-five lines for that project, so I was able to get them all recorded. I’m not sure how much I can say about this project until I can get the go-ahead to start pimping it. And I’m sure that Veronica isn’t sure how long she’ll be splicing audio from her cast together.

Saturday was pretty much completely taken up by the 11th Annual Privateer’s Feast. This is a yearly fund-raiser benefiting breast cancer research held by Team Wench, which is an offshoot of the Maryland local chapter of The International Wenches Guild. My wife is a member of Team Wench and is the Acquisitions Chair for this year. This puts her in charge of items donated to be raffled off at the fundraising events. Even though most donations are gathered in the fall, there are always some people who show up at an event with things to donate. This meant that we had to show up early with the crew that was setting up and get her set up and prepared to handle any donations that came in.

The Feast itself was a good event. Saw a lot of old friends, and met some new ones. I even managed to win a  prize in the raffle. For the most part it was a chance to put pirate garb on and hang out with a bunch of friends. Just what I needed this winter.

Sunday, I slept in late. Saturday night was a late night, and my muscles were sore. After getting out for a walk, and getting cleaned up, I set to work. I wrote the script for a new episode of The Shrinking Man Project, which I plan to record tomorrow. After that, I turned to writing “Mists”. I wrote over 1000 words on the second scene, and discovered the need to insert a new scene into the narrative. I suspect that will not be the last time that happens. I’m pretty happy with this progress, but I’m afraid it is too late for me to get any work done on Perils. I managed to steal some time on the car pool this past week and add another 500 or so words to Perils. I think that I’m probably going to have to do the same this week.

Still, progress is progress.

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: